Keto French Toast
Recipe by Jamie Free
Total Time: 20 minutes
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 10 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
Let’s turn your Saturday and Sunday mornings into an easy cooking where everyone gets what they want: quick and easy, light cleanup, and the feel of home cooked comfort foods. Kids? No problem – this will even trick them into thinking they’re indulging while actually snacking on a very good imposter for french toast!
First we will make the bread!
What you’ll need:
3/4 cup almond flour
4 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp maple flavoring
rectangular shaped Pyrex dish – NEEDS to be microwave friendly!
whisk, hand mixer, or kitchen mixer
What you’ll do:
1. Mix oil, eggs, maple flavoring together well in a medium bowl.
2. Slowly sift almond flour and baking powder into wet ingredients. Mix well until all ingredients are smoothly incorporated.
3. Spray the Pyrex dish with cooking spray (don’t forget the sides! This will rise quite a bit.) and pour mixture into the dish.
4. Microwave for 4 minutes or until cooked through. Good way to know: take a toothpick to the middle but ALSO THE SIDES! My first time making this I thought it was cooked through but the bottoms around the edge weren’t ready yet.
While you’re microwaving, we’ll get the coating ready!
What you’ll need:
1/8 cup heavy whipping cream
1 tbsp vanilla
1 tsp ground cinnamon
favorite nonstick skillet or pan
5. Take toast out of oven and cut into pieces (think: slicing bread). Turn dish upside down onto paper towel for ease when dipping.
6. Heat up the skillet or pan to a medium heat.
7. Soak slice of toast into coating and place in pan.
8. Heat on each side for approximately 1 minute for crisp, around 2 minutes for a little crunch. Cook all 4 sides. Repeat with other pieces.
9. Serve up 3 slices per serving with your favorite toppings!!